Friday, December 12, 2008

Winding Down

Things are slowing down. I have 2 work days left. This internship experience has been great, overall. Somethings didn't exactly go as planned. Being a trailblazer is never easy. In this particular event of my life, I was a trailblazer.

Myself and the other intern spoke with our main boss yesterday and, it was, memorable. There are many analogies of how the internship went. Most involve a football, doorknob, or some other strange object. Perhaps the one I liked best was the one our boss got me thinking about. 

The gist of it was, how many astronauts ended up exploding before they made it to the moon? Guess what, I think the overwhelming consensus is, we didn't make it to the moon. They'll send in the clean up crew to scrape our remains out of the instrument panel. However, we did contribute to a noble cause. The next group they'll be sure to tell not to press the red-skull button or maybe give them more training on how put on the flame retardant booties. It'd be a shame if they canceled the space program just because a few astronauts got fried. It'd be a shame if this internship program never reaches its full potential.

I'm going to miss some people here a lot, but with the miracle of our digital age they won't really be too far away. Overall, I've benefitted a lot from this internship. Having an international work experience has been great. Learning some Portuguese has also been extremely beneficial. I plan to keep up the Portuguese. You can't really go wrong learning another language.

1 comment:

MSmith said...

Loved your analogy. I guess I'll be off to the moon with new work challenges as well beginning in January....hope my booties don't get fried - Mom