Friday, March 13, 2009

Translating Fun!

Every once in a while I actually get to work. My translating job is kind of random and I never really know when I'll work next. However, this past week I had one of those o-so-rare work experience, or in my case not-that-rare-but-other-people-think-is-rare work experiences.

The topic for about an hour was breast feeding. Needless to say, my depth and experience with this subject isn't that extensive. I learned some crazy stuff in that hour. Apparently there's some sort of plastic attachment to help babies nurse naturally. Yep, and I had to translate this. We spoke about pumping, production, and timing. Really, things most 26 year old guys have furthest from their minds, or at least those that aren't married.

I think it went well. It was interesting translating between the mom's mom, the mom, and the professional I was working with. Who knows what I'll have to do next.

As an update, I beat my dad in racquetball 3-0. He might have been off his game, but I'll take the wins however they come. I'm also kind of bummed that spring break is ending. Back to school!

No comments: