Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just filling the time.

Becca has officially left. I will miss her, a lot. The circumstances of our parting are not that common, at least for guys. That is what frustrates me the most, I'm in fairly uncharted waters. I don't know the future and I can't plan for it. For those of you that know me fairly well, you know I like to plan. At this point I will date more, but as I told Becca, the next lady I date has a lot to live up to.

Eighteen months isn't too long, but I don't know exactly where I'll be in eighteen months. Plus, Becca will be crazy when she gets back; most missionaries are. People try to cheer me up with success stories of women or men that ended up waiting for their boyfriend or girlfriend. I don't know if I have the time to wait. However, I might end up unintentionally waiting for her. The only thing I'm afraid of is that I won't find anyone else equally suited to my special needs, plus I loved her. In the end it will work out as it should, I know this. Knowing this doesn't make it easier. She will be a great missionary and I wish I could go again. When I think about it, I would make the same choice she made.

My next big life event is the GRE on the 24th. I'm not too worried about it. I know my life is great. I see blessing in it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck on the test. Before I took it I studied 6 hours a day taking practice test in the computer in your basement toy storage room. It ruled.

And about waiting for a missionary...I have no idea. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. All you can do is have hope and faith that things will work out.

And I'm sure they will.



I just wish I could have met this girl!

megs and josh said...

I hope the test goes great for you. You have prepared so it should.

Things with Becca will work out. Don't worry too much about it. just take it as it comes.

Love Ya

MSmith said...

You are an amazing catch for just the right lady - much happiness and fun will follow.