Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let's do this thing!


Lately I’ve been having run-ins with olderish gentlemen. This latest incidence and almost getting in a fight in a Sam’s Club parking lot. First off, I’m not opposed to the baby boomers, my dad is one. Granted, I have tried to take him out on more than one occasion. Perhaps, my latest run-in is due, in part, to karma. I don’t think so, my dad always has it coming; and it keeps him spry.

Midway is a great town. Founded by the Swiss, Midway shares many characteristics of the modern day Switzerland, such as neutrality and non-aggression. They have great events there.

I decided to go on a date there. It was a Jazz concert and it was free, bonus! While my date and I were walking to the grass seating area I had to stop by the restroom. As is my custom I make noises when I hear the door to the restroom open; groans, tapping of the feet, and the like. This usually lets people know that the stall is occupied.

The door opened and as I finished my noise routine I relaxed a bit. The next thing I know this 60ish year old man with a cowboy hat is peeking over the top of the stall. Weird right! We made eye contact and he grunted something about not knowing the stall was occupied. I guess I didn’t make enough noise, sounds like I need to invest in an air horn.

I finished my business and made my way to the sink. The peeper was finishing his business at the urinal and left. I dried my hands and left the bathroom, ready to meet up with my date. As I was walking in the parking lot this 60ish year old man turned to me and asked if I’d washed my hands. I responded enthusiastically that I had. I was even slightly proud of the fact. After my response Mr. Cowboy looked at me and gruffly responded, “I don’t think you did!”

Shocked, my date and I both stopped and just looked at this modern day cowboy of cleanliness. There was tension in the air as the elderly cowboy’s hand inched closer to his Leatherman. I didn’t press the matter and we left without resorting to blows/stabbing.

I don’t know what it is. Honestly, who does something like this? The fact that I did wash my hands irked me even more. Anyway, I have no idea who will hassle me next. However, I’m guessing a walker or dentures might be involved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What the!? You should have licked them and said "nope."

Jane said...

I liked the Frazier comment, but I'm never that quick. Have you read the email your mom sent about Public restrooms? IU have it on my frig... read it.
grandma jane