Friday, February 25, 2011

Chillaxed

I had this whole week off. Guess what I did? Nothing! How lame is that. I got sick on Tuesday and am now on the mend. Luckily, I don't stay sick for long. My body has a knack for fixing itself quicker than most. It takes me about half as long to recover after getting sick. My guess is my survivability was enhanced due to my childhood. Getting hit by cars and such tends to keep you at the evolutionary edge, or something like that.

The highlight of the week was a date I went on Wednesday. It was awesome and super fun. I'll definitely ask her out again. However, I am confronted again with one of my prejudices. Growing up I always vowed I would never date a red head. This might be a subconscious attempt to keep my narcissism in check. I have since broken this vow. I don't know how I feel about this. My life is one experience after another of me ending up doing something I said I would never ever do. I've ended up eating my words more times than I can count.

I know other red heads that have similar sentiments. I'm unsure why. Are we scared of creating some sort of uber-pale offspring? Is there some type of evolutionary block, or is the scarcity of other red heads keeping the possibilities of dating other red heads down? I don't know. This past date was with a fellow red head, and it went well. There are a few other red heads in my "dating pool" that I might ask out. However, it is oftentimes more of an extreme challenge for myself. Going on a date with a fellow red head is akin to doing something that might cause me some sort of physical harm, like skydiving. Yeah it is exhilarating, but there is a possibility I might get killed. Sometimes it is worth it, just for the thrill.

4 comments:

megs and josh said...

Bummer. You were sick all week. I was too and it sucks. I think it would be awesome if you got with another red head. That's weird that you never wanted to date a red head. Which type of red head...Is she strawberry blonde, Hilary's color or dark like you? I've never known a couple that are both red heads that would be pretty sweet. It's one more thing in common you would have with her. :)
Interesting fact my hair dresser told me: as red heads get older they lose a lot of the red pigment in their hair. interesting huh?

MSmith said...

I say, "Keep the gene pool alive!" We will have to find out what the other redheads have to say. I dated a redhead, but chose your dad to decrease the risk of sunburn in my offspring. Plus, your dad is the BEST husband I could ever dream of. Genetically, would two redheads always produce redhead offspring? I don't think so.

Jane said...

Grandpa says red pigments don't just fade they turn gray, but not as fast as other colored hair.
g-jane

Katie said...

I was super stoked to find out that Garrett's maternal grandpa had flaming red hair. I'm doing my best to keep the genes alive!