Friday, August 15, 2008

The Learning Continues

The above picture really made me laugh. Seriously, who decides to make a sculpture of three naked dudes fighting a snake. If you think about it, no matter the outcome, it's probably going to be bad. This past week has been less hectic than some of the previous weeks. My supervisor was in Chile and Uruguay this week. I still got done a lot of work done, but it just wasn't the same. 

I'm starting a analysis about SWIFT at Itau. The writing process has begun and if all goes as planned I should be able to finish it up by mid-September. A few other project I have going on are the Regional Custody program that Itau wants to strengthen in the Souther Cone and the never ending process flows. On Monday I'm going to get the opportunity to speak with Itau Chile. It appears that I'm going to get to do some translations from Portuguese to Spanish. Vamos ver como va. 

On or more philosophical level, I've had the opportunity to take a look at my inner guiding moral code. I've come to the conclusion that I like it. It provides me with stability. I can still go out with people and enjoy their company, but I don't have to participate in some of the activities that are outside of my moral code. A thought recently came to be; I've been places many people will never go, and other people go places I can't.  It helps me to think about that in a literal and figurative sense. Once you've decided the way in which you're going to live your life things get easier.  One of the things I've decided is that no amount of money will make me change my inner moral code. I'm by no means the poster child for perfection, but I think making this decision now will make me a better person and employee in the future. 

Wow, that really sounds like something Dwight Schrute would say. Well, Dwight is the man. Brazil is great and I continue to learn more about myself and this international world of business.

No comments: