Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mid-week!

A mid-week post, wow! Anyway, I attended a meeting today, all in Portuguese, of course. It was great. I understood most of what was being said. As it turns out a meeting in Brazil is the same as a meeting in the US. We successfully set a date for the next meeting.

With the growth that's happening in Latin America, Itau, as I've stated Before, is trying to expand. One of the biggest goals for Itau is to achieve a strong regional custody program. In order to do this a few things still need to be done. However, if Itau can manage to pull this off they'll gain a lot of market share. One of the biggest problems they'll face is complacency in how their business currently is structured.

Today I also rode my first metro wave. Many people will never experience this, at least not from where I'm from. In order to explain a little better I'll explain how I caught my first wave.

There was an unusual amount of people waiting for the metro. I, being the brilliant person that I am, decided to position myself in front of all these people. "Yes!", I said to myself, "You're the man and you're going to be first on." As soon as those doors opened the surge began. The people behind me force me into the subway. I'm pretty sure I never even put my feet on the floor. By the time it was over I was pressed up against the opposite door. It really took my breath away. Hopefully, that's not the only surfing experience I have in Brazil, but if it is, it was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm helping mom try and post a comment for you... I have to be one the page with her.

Anonymous said...

ok,
i liked your messaged, do you like the crowded metro? what do you do on your days off?
love grandma jane

Anonymous said...

This is a second effort.