Friday, June 13, 2008

The Dentist

Going to the dentist means pain. Yesterday, in preparation for my Brazil internship, I went to the dentist. I had to have two crowns done, because they couldn't wait a year. There weren't any cavities but the dentist figured there was some potential that the fillings would crack or fall out. I am 25 currently and the free ride on my parents insurance is coming to a close. This means "now" was the best time to get any work done, to avoid a trip to Mexico.

The visit wasn't as bad as it could have been. The primary reasons is wasn't that bad were: 1) only one shot 2) I didn't have to have a root canal(still haven't had one yet) 3) my dentist isn't a nut. Granted there was more blood than I usually like to see at a dentist visit. However, it was admirable how the staff tried to hide this from me. The visit was also a relief from working. There is nothing quite like seeing all that stuff fly out of one's mouth. It's also impressive to see how many instruments they can cram in a person's mouth. I wonder if the dental staff ever feel a sense of accomplishment by breaking old records.

No comments: