Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I could be Brazilian!

Due to some papers that might have been filed incorrectly I could end up being Brazilian. It appears we applied for citizenship and not just the security card we needed to work in Brazil. The whole process of getting things ready and going through all of the paperwork to get to Brazil has been a difficult task. Sometimes one ended up doing a few steps twice and missing others. However, I can't complain too much, because I'm here. Now, if the can just figure out how to pay me I'll be set.

I've been through a few groups at Itau. I've really enjoyed the FX desk. Everyone speaks Portuguese, but with the Spanish I have I'm able to understand about 70% to 75%. A lot of how much I end up understanding actually depends on the day. If I go to work with a case of the "Mondays", it's rough.

Yeah, I know what you're all thinking, "What's this yokel doing without posting any pictures?" I assure you, there will be pictures. I just have to loose the fear of getting my camera stolen. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose dual citizenship could be handy, but confusing. As far as the language goes, I have trouble some days with 70% comprehension in English...

Aunt Denise

Anonymous said...

Just read yoour blog on Denise's computer. We are in Spokane. Went to cowboy intertainment last night. VERY GOOD! We were visiting Martin & sue last weekend. Thay took us to San Francisco... fishermans wharf, harbor cruse under Golden gate bridge, Golden Gate Park, Art gallery...great time. Glad you are enjoying life and working hard.
Love, Grandma/pa