Tuesday, July 15, 2008

That's right, I did it!

For the first time in my life I tried sushi, real sushi. As an upstanding member of society I must admit that I did try sushi once before, at Hogi Yogi. I have no idea how long that morsel sat in the refrigerator. It isn't hard to believe that from that point on I swore off sushi. However, that changed this past Sunday.

I had the opportunity to go with the other inter, Rumiko, my supervisor, to partake of this Japanese delicacy. Much to my surprise, it was excellent. I'm by no means a fish man, but I have to admit if I have to eat it, I kind of prefer it raw.

To comment quickly, I have to admit, that Banco Itau has assigned some excellent people to be our keepers/buddies. For the benefit of Beatriz and Natalia I'd like to make it publically know that they are awesome! If it weren't for their guidance a car or a motoboy'd have squished me within my first week.

The learning process at the bank is going well. I'm finding a few more people that speak Spanish, which is nice. It's amazing to see how much goes on behind the scenes at banks. I don't know if I've said it before, but the size of numbers becomes a trivial thing. There is big, and then there is really big.

No comments: