Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bovespa Fun


This past week I went to Bovespa. It was awesome! We also went to BM&F. BM&F still has an open outcry trading floor, where people run around screaming orders. There really aren't many left. Mainly because everything is going electronic. It's interesting to see places where large amounts of money and goods come together in one place. It brings many other things together as well. It's pretty fascinating. 

Next week at work should be pretty cool. CustodyConnect is coming to present their product to Itau. It should be interesting, and as usual, I'm probably going to learn a ton. The Portuguese is also coming along a little better. I've found a few people that seem to want to help me learn. I have four months left, so, I'm going to make the most of it. I figure if I'm fluent in Spanish and can show I have an ability to learn Portuguese I should be able to find a pretty sweet job.

One such job that I think would be sweet is international sales, even at Itau. Last week we went to the SCE, or Superindendencia de Clientes Estrangeiros. It was great. This group basically goes all over the world and sells Itau products to other institutions. They have groups all over the world. If I could work for them, it would be pretty sweet. 

No comments: