Monday, September 15, 2008

Mysteries

It's 12:30 a.m. and not much is going on. The phone starts ringing and I pick it up. This doesn't happen much. Mostly because I'm never home and secondly because nobody knows my phone number. "You're Tyler and you speak Spanish, right?", says a female voice in Portuguese. It was very late, my brain wasn't running at full speed, and I was really confused, but I managed to let her know she had the right guy. 

At this point my mind was racing. Who was this person; someone from work, the hotel front desk, I had no idea. The fairer sex soon made know her purpose, "Do you want some company tonight?" This statement nearly short circuited my brain. Where was I? What was going on? I'm pretty sure she didn't want to talk politics, or have a nice quite game of chess. Yep, she wanted to keep me "company".


I'm the kind of guy that doesn't really believe too much is real in movies. However, after this little experience, I think I can echo Chris Farley's epic words, "What kind of hotel is this?" I have noticed that one of the desk clerks has been given me the old wink and smile when I walked by. Anyway, it's a great story to add to my life, which has been so full of similar stories.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an awesome story! Haha, did she keep you company...
By the way, we have a blog now. It's dennenandhilary.blogspot.com.

Katie said...

HILARIOUS!

Katie said...

Oh, what do you think the odds are of dennen and hilary actually keeping a blog current....I'm guessing 1 in 100

Unknown said...

What better way to spend those normally lonely pre-dawn hours then by accepting the solicitation of an anonymous caller? Sounds like a win-win. J/K Wow. That's a grandkids story right there.

Tyler said...

Yeah, it was crazy! It's going to drive me a little nuts until I figure out who it was. I think Dennen and Hilary will be able to keep a blog, I think.

ty said...

Hey man that is quite the story. My last p day in the mision i was offered to buy some high grade drugs.