Monday, October 27, 2008

Will it Hold

I remember growing up a doctor once called me scrawny. This adjectives still applies to myself. I'm pretty sure it's a mix of the words skinny and brawny. I kind of like to think of myself in this way.

However, this isn't about me. During lunch today I was wondering what it would be like to worry about breaking a chair because you sat on it. Do really overweight individuals think about this often? I don't know. It seems to me like that would be a primary concern for me. The constant apprehension of wondering, "Will it hold?" I couldn't take it.

I might even want to see some sort of measurement on the chairs I sat on, just so I could have the confidence to know it should hold. Yep, those are pretty much the kind of deep thoughts that fill my head. Will it hold?, How much Diet Coke could I drink?, etc.

I think I for my next post I'll explain corporate cafeteria behavior, as I see it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This actually happened to one of my overweight friends in our ward... I'll call her EB (you know who she is Ty). She actually broke one of the bar stools upstairs in our kitchen... I don't know if you remember this.
I think this would be a very embarrassing ordeal. Be grateful you don't have to worry about this Ty.

Katie said...

One time I broke a chair by sitting on it.


A metal folding chair.

On the church's hard gym floor.

During the silence of a prayer.

At Stake conference.



Beat that.