Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I figured I'd get in one last post for October. Lately at work, I've been helping in the interview process. Itau will have new gringos come January. It's been a lot of fun. The planning and making sure everything works out with the interview schedule has been fun. I think I get my scheduling abilities from my mom. She can schedule like nobodies business.

Also at lunch today I had a Halloween moment. I wanted to run away because I was scared of some of the self-realization that was going on and the giant spot-light that was focused on me. The conversation was centered around my criteria for women. This conversation was with my main boss,  my direct supervisor, and the other intern.

It turns out I might have a little too specific of standards. Basically, I've got it structured into 3 main categories: religiousness, personality and looks. If that was all there was too it I'd be set. However, I've thought about each of those sub-groups for quite sometime, I pretty much have it down to a science. In these sub-groups there are sub-groups. My thought process is a little bit like some of the operational flows I see at work. I know what I'm looking at, but if I gave the flow to anyone else, they'd be clueless.

It's also a moving and switching rating system. I willing to give up somethings if other things are there. For instance, if the personality is really awesome, I'm willing to not care about looks as much. It's a little bit of a Laffer-curve. I'll give up one thing in exchange for another, to a certain limit. I'll admit, it's kind of confusing.

Now it's time to get back to lunch. At lunch I went over what my main looks components were. I'd never really done it before, and it really makes you feel kind of shallow. However, it did clarify somethings. I'm not going to repeat much of what was directly said, because it was weird when I said it at lunch, and I don't think it'll be any better to post it. I might later. Once I have time to make a proper flow diagram. You know properly map it out. Nothing like concrete, visually appealing, presentation material when you're making your point.


4 comments:

Katie said...

You should ask garrett about his resume/non-resume theory of dating...it's awesome.

Unknown said...

Tyler, please find the time to whip up this compatibility flowchart. The world wants to see your mind.

Tyler said...

The world, seeing my mind? I don't know, that could revolutionize somethings.

Birrell Family said...

Tyler...
Our interest is peaked. Now we want to know more specifics about lunch. I don't know why your don't blog more, you have a knack for this writing thing. Maybe once in a while you can add some pictures so we can see the world over there. Keep blogging!
Take care, Brenda