Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bing! Who’s got the throne now!



For some people feeling like a genius comes from high tests score, good grades, or some other lofty achievement. I won't disagree, those are pretty good. I enjoy getting good grades and I hope to be able to do well on the GMAT.

However, I've found something that possibly tops these in terms of making me feel like a genius. In life we all have problems. For me solving these problems make me fell like a genius. Recently, I was confronted with a problem, that for me was akin to Edison getting the light bulb to work.

When I go to the bathroom I like privacy. I'll attempt to "hold it" for 2 hours just so I can return to home base. At school I've located spots that provide privacy and cleanliness. Most of my past jobs have been the same way. Until about a week ago I was finding privacy a rare luxury at my current stint. Apparently, when you work somewhere with 500+ people, in your area and only 2 bathrooms, it's going to be hard to find that desired privacy.

Last week I found my happy place, my secret garden if you will. The traffic in the bathroom is minimal. I can go at almost anytime and nobody will be there. The stalls are large and fairly clean. When people do go to that bathroom it's normally only for a quick drainage, all in all it's pretty great. I won't give too many specifics on the location; I never know who might be reading this. I even go to this bathroom from one direction and return from another, you know, in order to confuse my enemies.

Much like Edison I tried a lot of things to achieve my goal. I'd try to wait until I returned from work to go to the bathroom, this proved uncomfortable. I waited until weird times when I thought nobody would be using the bathroom, there were always people. I imagine Edison's feeling of superiority when his glass bulb first put forth light. When I first gazed upon this bathroom and the privacy it offered me I felt much like Edison, an intellectual superiority. I was smarter than most, I beat the system. I solved one of the biggest issues in my life when I found that bathroom. At that moment I attained genius status, I was MENSA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buddy, I totally agree with ya that an empty, clean bathroom is a akin to heaven on earth. Good find and keep guarding that secret!
-Dennen