Sunday, November 9, 2008

Why I need to come back to Brazil.


First off I came to Brazil to work and, as it turns out, that's what I've done. I've been in Sao Paulo for 5 months. I've never left the city. People speak of the beauty of Brazilian beaches, amazon, etc. As far as I'm concerned these places don't exist. The fact that I don't have a car, and no friends that like to do what I do, doesn't help matters. 

In the spare time I have on Saturdays I teach English and on Sundays I go to church. Because of this I can't leave. I need to come back and see what Brazil is really about, not just work. I've heard there are amazing things to see, but since I work all week and I've committed my weekends to certain causes, I can't really leave. I think, if I came back for a month or two I'd have a whole different view of Brazil.

Maybe next summer, except I plan to take a GMAT prep course, I'll see the "real" Brazil. I enjoy Sao Paulo, but it's just like any big city. It does rain a lot here which I really enjoy.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Wow, brother, are you still in Brazil? That's awesome. Thinking about settling down there??

I hear its so beautiful on the "outside." Understandably, you're there as a working man and not a tourist so its okay if you go check it out for yourself later!

Hey I logged on to blogger for the first time in months recently. I've been so bad at time management. But I really want to get back into it.

I'll be checking yours out, too. See ya!

Tyler said...

Yep, I'm here until the end of December. It's been great.